Everything we see around us began as a vision, a dream, a wish, a desire. Everything. It was sparked in someone’s imagination. That’s a pretty cool thing when you think about it. Do you have something in your mind that would like to see become a reality? I think we all do.
What separates those thoughts from ever becoming a reality is one thing, execution! Nothing happens without executing a plan. And the sad thing is, most people never see their goals become a reality because they never take action.
When it comes to making your dreams a reality, you must keep a few things in mind:
- Goals require action. You have to take steps everyday that bring you closer to what you have inside your mind.
- Goals require deadlines. This is very important. Make sure you have a due date for all your goals.
- Goals have a price. Listen here, this is is going to cost you time, money, and everything else you can think of.
- Goals produce results. You have to see progress along the way. If you don’t, your goal is not clear enough, you don’t have the necessary skills and knowledge to make it happen, or you’re not doing #7.
- Goals will challenge you. If your not being challenged, you are not growing, and there’s a good chance your goals are not big enough.
- Goals can change you. When you go for what you want in life you will change. You can never be the same person once you start reaching for your goals.
- Goals require hard work. If you’re not willing to work for what you want, no one else will do it for you. You have to put in the long hours. Bill Gates once said he never took a day off during his 20’s.
You can see your dreams come true, all you have to do is set clear goals and execute.